Think of wine. What two words come to mind immediately?
For me, it's an instant "Yummmmm" followed by a much less enthused "h a n g o v e r."
Why do the things we love the most punish us time and time again? Don't you wish you could have a glass of Simi Chard...(or 6) and not have that nickels and blood taste in your mouth at 7am the next morning? So. Do. I.
I was talking to a colleague of mine who is an oenophile. (Wine lover.) He drinks it, he studies it, and every fall, he makes tons of it. He has the grapes imported from Napa, Tuscany and South America. He experiments with different grapes, mixing and matching and fermenting them together. I have yet to taste his "four-gy" (4 grape wine) but I have heard it is divine. As commonly thought, I asked him if the intense, head-in-a-vice hangover was caused by the sugars in the wine.
He then let me in on THE BEST SECRET I HAVE EVER HEARD.
Your vicious wine hangover is not caused by the sugar. It is caused by the millions of histamines that live and grow in wine.
Stay with me....it's worth it, wine lovah's.
If you take a NON-DROWSY antihistamine, such as say, Alavert, or Claritin, right before you hit the bottle, this will attack the histamines in the wine, and leave you feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed come morning.
Now, I'm not promoting pill popping, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Thank me later.